Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why Blog?

Good question. 

I started this blog on a whim, so to be honest, I don't really have a well-thought out explanation.

Here's what I can tell you so far...

I've been interested in the concept of voluntary simplicity for almost a decade now.  I'm no radical or anything. We have a pretty big house and two cars.  But our family has tried over the years to incorporate aspects of voluntary simplicity into our lives.  However, I've been a busy mom with a demanding job.  Life has not been as simple as I'd have liked.

But I'm now at an interesting crossroads in my life.  I'm in my 40s.  Officially middle-aged.  Not having a mid-life crisis or anything, but we've made a pretty huge professional shift in our family and the bottom line is I'll be staying home full-time with our kids.  I'm thrilled for a number of reasons.  But one great aspect is that I will now have the time to really focus more on truly simplifying our lives to better enjoy them.

I'd like to document that process of slowing down and getting more out of life.  I imagine it won't be easy.  I'll learn a lot.  Maybe those life lessons will help others.

Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment