Sunday, September 22, 2013

Simply Sunday #5

Hello and happy Sunday!  Hope you are having a great one.

In no particular order, I've got a few things I did this week in my effort to simplify life:

I took time to enjoy a monarch butterfly while helping my daughter practice volleyball.  It was hot and we had a lot to do, but butterflies don't come along our path that often and they are beautiful.  We stopped and watched for a few minutes as it went from plant to plant.

I had things I needed to do the other night when my daughter came to me and asked me to read to her.  I put those things aside, we got in my bed, cuddled and I read a book to her that she's read before but really likes.  (What an honor to be asked to read a book that she already knows and can read herself!)  It was so much fun that when we were done, she asked if she could show me another book she likes about bug-themed crafts. How could I refuse?

The other night I spontaneously made a chocolate cheesecake with my daughters.  I had made something with heavy cream, an ingredient I rarely have in the fridge.  I still had some left over and was trying to think of how to use it up.  I hate to waste anything.  My daughters are wild about cheesecake, but get it infrequently, so on a whim I decided to make a chocolate cheesecake!  We didn't even have all the ingredients.  With only 1/3 of the amount of cream cheese the recipe called for, I improvised by substituting sour cream and adding two more eggs.  It was amazing!!!  You'd have never known I didn't have all the ingredients.  Wow!!

My daughters and I saw two classic films I love this week.  I borrowed Chariots of Fire from the library.  That is one of my all-time favorite films.  I've seen it a cajillion times, but not in many years.  They loved it too and have been talking about it all week.  Then last night, we went to Grandma's retirement community to see An Affair to Remember.  It was a great night!

Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment